Happy 4th! Talking about Financial Freedom & IndependenceJul 04, 2022
Humans have an innate desire for freedom. Whatever is binding us, no matter how good our situation is, we will always feel a natural instinct to wiggle ourselves away from it.
If you were born in the US, you’ve been given freedom on a number of levels that can easily be taken for granted. For the most part we can do, say and believe what we want. This week we celebrate it, but it can be easy to forget otherwise.
But most who are free on this fundamental level still yearn for freedom from something else they feel is binding them. Maybe for you it’s:
- freedom from aches and pains or chronic illness?
- freedom from anxiety?
- freedom from working for someone else?
- temporary freedom from your responsibilities as a parent?
- freedom to walk away from your job without everything falling apart?
We may not associate freedom and money automatically, but there’s also a level of financial freedom we innately desire. Obtaining this type of financial independence can lead to freedom in many areas of our lives.
With all this in mind, here are a few questions to ask yourself this week:
- What does financial freedom & independence mean to you?
- What would your life look like if you could base your decisions on what you WANT, not just what you can afford?
- In what ways do you feel financially bound? It’s said that the borrower is slave to the lender – is it the bank for you? The credit card company? Is it a boyfriend or girlfriend you rely on financially? Is it a job you don’t love but don't feel like you can afford to leave? Is it a home you love that makes you always feel stretched for cash?
Since freedom is such an innate desire, it’s going to nag at you if you are bound by something. Money doesn’t solve all problems, but it DOES lead to options on how you spend another extremely valuable asset - time.
Think about freedom this week. Take a second to be grateful for the freedoms you do have based on where you live. And to be grateful for those who gave their lives to make this freedom possible.
Then, looking forward, ask yourself how you can be more free and create a plan for how you’ll get there. Happy Independence Day!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.